A simple, delicious recipe: Shrimp Scampi
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:9 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 lb + large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- rice, polenta, cauliflower puree, or noodles- for serving
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Stir and watch carefully- you don't want the butter to burn. Remove the garlic from the pan and discard.
- Add the shrimp to the hot butter. Sauté the shrimp until firm and pink- 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the wine, lemon and salt/pepper.
- Serve over rice, polenta, cauliflower puree or noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.