Snickers Bar Mini Tarts are the ultimate dessert for lovers of Snickers candy bars!
You simply can’t go wrong with a dessert that incorporates your favorite candy bars- especially those you consumed often (without worries of weight gain) when you were much younger but now rarely indulge (because of worries of weight gain). When’s the last time you ate a regular-sized Snicker’s Bar? Really. It’s a rare occasion around our house because of the indulgence, but eating one in a Snickers Bar Mini Tart seems more acceptable for sure!
These hand-held mini tarts are made of pie crust with a sweet peanut butter- Snickers bar cheesecake filling, they’re topped with chocolate ganache and they’re garnished with a piece of Snickers candy bar. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
How to make Snickers Bar Mini Tarts:
For easy baking here you’ll use store-bought pie crusts. You’ll roll them out slightly and then cut out rounds of pie dough using a 3-inch round cutter. Then you’ll wiggle those pie dough rounds into 24 cavities of a mini muffin pan. Then you’ll bake the mini pie crusts.
Next, you’ll chop up your Snickers candy bars and place a piece of candy bar into each baked pie crust.
Then you’ll make the peanut butter cheesecake filling. The filling is spooned on top of each little piece of Snickers bar to create a mini peanut butter cheesecake tart. At this point, the tarts are baked.
After letting the tarts cool, you’ll add an easy chocolate ganache to the tops of the tarts. And finally, you’ll add a piece of Snickers candy bar to garnish the tarts. And there you have your Snickers Bar Mini Tarts!
See that oozing puddle of chocolate ganache on top??? That sits afloat a filling of peanut butter cheesecake (with a chunk of snickers sneakily hidden inside too!) This is a quick and easy dessert. The refrigerated pie crusts are used as the base. I don’t see any reason at all to use your best homemade crust since the flavor isn’t focused on the crust in this recipe. But have-at-it if you wish to do it all from scratch.
I do suggest that you give this recipe a shot. They’re tasty little bite-sized (decadent) treats. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes for tarts that you might like to try:
- No Bake Berry Almond Tart
- Caramelized Apple Tart
- Chocolate- Pecan Tart with Caramel Sauce
- Blueberry Raspberry Tart
- Fresh Blackberry Tart
- Raspberry Jam Shortbread Tart
- Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tart
- Caramel Nut Tart
Snickers Bar Mini Tarts
- One 15-ounce box refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 2½ regular sized Snickers Bars (1.86-ounce bars)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
PREPARE THE CRUST:
- Unroll the pie crusts on a work surface. With a rolling pin, roll each crust lightly into a 12-inch round. With 3-inch round cutter, cut 24 rounds from crusts, re-rolling scraps as necessary. Press 1 pie crust round in the bottom and up the side in each of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups, so the edges of crusts extend slightly above the sides of the cups. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until very light golden brown; cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
ADD THE FILLING:
- Cut the candy bars in half lengthwise; cut into 1/8-inch pieces; chop coarsely. Place the candy bar pieces in the bottoms of the cooled crust-lined cups, reserving some for garnish.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Add the sour cream and peanut butter, beating until the mixture is smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture over the candy bar pieces in each tart. Bake at 325°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until the center is set. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).
ADD THE TOPPING:
- In a pyrex measuring cup, add the whipping cream. Heat in the microwave until bubbling. Remove and stir in the chocolate chips until melted and smooth. If necessary, return to the microwave for 30 seconds until hot enough to melt. DON'T OVERHEAT.
- Place a dollop of chocolate ganache on top of each tart. Garnish with pieces of Snickers Bar. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving. Keep any unused tarts refrigerated.