This Spiced Pear Cherry Bread is a lovely loaf recipe.
I love to make this loaf recipe for the holidays- either as a loaf to have around to slice and serve as a holiday breakfast treat or as a loaf that is perfect for gifting. Wrap it in plastic wrap, add a label and tie a festive ribbon around it. It’s a delicious one!
Chunks of dried tart cherries, chopped fresh pear and chopped walnuts or almonds are what make this bread so good.
This Spiced Pear Cherry Bread is perfectly delicious on its own. The spiced cream cheese butter is just like a frosting. It’s totally optional. But you can drizzle it on top to make things pretty. Or you can spread it on individual slices, as desired.
You can also bake the batter into muffins instead, if you’d like. They’d be a pretty addition to a holiday breakfast or brunch.
It’s time to branch off from making banana bread and try baking this Spiced Pear Cherry Bread this holiday season. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using pears that you might like to try:
- Pear and Blue Cheese Pastry Triangles
- Spiced Pear Cake with Browned Butter Icing
- Apple Pear Crisp
- Fresh Pear Pie
- Maple Nut and Pear Scones
Spiced Pear Cherry Bread
- One 6-ounce package dried tart cherries, snipped into smaller pieces
- 3 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1¾ cups granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup canola or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk (or pear nectar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- One 29-ounce can pear halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts or almonds, toasted
SPICED CREAM CHEESE BUTTER
- Two 3-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, toss together cherries and 1 tablespoon of the flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, baking powder, allspice and salt. Make a well in center of the flour mixture; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork; stir in the sugar, oil, milk (or pear nectar), and vanilla. Add the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture; stir just until moistened (the batter should be lumpy). Fold in the cherry mixture, chopped pears and nuts.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pans. Bake smaller loaf pans for 60 to 65 minutes or larger pans for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. If desired, serve with the Spiced Cream Cheese Butter.
SPICED CREAM CHEESE BUTTER
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and allspice. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar; beat well. Drizzle on the loaves, or spread on individual slices as desired.
- You may choose to make one loaf and use the remaining batter to make muffins.