Spiked Raspberry Lemonade is a wonderful summertime cocktail!
In the summer months especially, Spiked Raspberry Lemonade is an awesome cocktail to make. Think of it as a delicious and refreshing lemonade that has been properly spiked for the adults!
How to make Raspberry Simple Syrup:
You’ll need water, sugar and fresh raspberries to create raspberry simple syrup. First, you’ll heat the water in a glass measuring cup in the microwave (or in a small pan on the stove) until almost boiling. Then you’ll add the sugar and stir to dissolve. You’ll let it cool slightly, and then pour the mixture into a blender along with the raspberries and pulse until pureed. The raspberry simple syrup is then poured through a fine sieve to strain out the seeds. The raspberry simple syrup is then chilled until you’re ready to make the cocktails.
How to make Spiked Raspberry Lemonade:
First, you’ll make a raspberry lemonade by combining the raspberry simple syrup with water and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Then you’ll pour the raspberry lemonade over ice in a glass and top it off with vodka. You can use raspberry vodka, if you really want that flavor of raspberry to come through. Or you can use regular vodka, if you prefer.
Garnish with a toothpick skewer of fresh raspberries and fresh lemon slices. Or float them in your cocktails instead.
Here are a few more recipes featuring raspberries you might like to try:
- Raspberry Cheesecake Cake
- Cran Apple Raspberry Bars
- Kiwi Berry Salad with Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing
- Raspberry- Blueberry Pie
- Lemon Raspberry Loaf Bread
- Peach and Raspberry Pie Bars
- Healthy Raspberry Yogurt Muffins
- Fudgy Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Spiked Raspberry Vodka
RASPBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1½ cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 ounces raspberry vodka (or regular vodka)
- fresh raspberries and/or lemon slices, for garnish (as desired)
MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Heat the water in a glass measuring cup in the microwave (or in a small pan on the stove) until almost boiling. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Cool slightly, then pour into a blender along with the raspberries and pulse until pureed. Pour the raspberry simple syrup through a fine sieve to strain out the seeds. Refrigerate until cold (can make ahead).
PREPARE THE COCKTAILS:
- In a medium pitcher, combine the raspberry simple syrup, 1½ cups water and lemon juice. Divide ice between 4 medium glasses. Divide raspberry lemonade between the glasses. Top each glass with 1 ounce (or more) of the vodka. Stir to combine, and garnish with skewers of raspberry and lemon (or float them in the glass). Serve immediately.