These Sugar Crusted Raspberry Muffins are a slightly sweet muffin with chunks of fresh raspberries tucked within. They’re topped with a generous sprinkle of chunky white sugar.
Sugar Crusted Raspberry Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minuts
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk (can use any kind or half & half too)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries tossed with 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of white sugar for topping (or use chunky, sparkling white sugar crystals, if you have them!)
- a few more raspberries, gently sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick spray, or line with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry mixture and mix just until combined (it'll be lumpy). Gently fold the floured raspberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups (I like to use an ice cream scoop- it's easy!). Sprinkle the batter with the white (or sparkling, chunky) sugar. Top the muffins with pieces of the sliced raspberries, to add some pretty on top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.