Prep Time:15 minutes + chill time
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 3/4 cups Rose's Sweetened Lime Juice
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 (750 ml.) bottles of chilled Pinot Noir or Syrah
- 2 medium peaches, cut into chunks (no need to peel)
- 2 medium nectarines, cut into chunks (no need to peel)
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes
- ice to serve
- Mix lime zest, lime juice, and sugar in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add chilled wine and fruit. Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve over ice, scooping fruit into glass with the sangria.
- In order to control the amount of sweetness desired, add sugar a little at a time and keep tasting until it tastes good to you. If things are a little too sweet, go ahead and add a bit of fresh lime juice to tone down the sweetness. You can also stir in a little water.
- If you prefer to use all fresh lime juice for this recipe, you'll need to modify... use 2 cups fresh lime juice and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- An alternative to adding fruit to the sangria: String the fruit onto skewers instead and stick a skewer in each glass of sangria. Use tall glasses!