This fast and scrumptious recipe for Spinach, Pesto and Cheese Lasagna bakes in under one hour!
Super Fast Spinach, Pesto and Cheese Lasagna
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (skim or low fat are fine)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- One 7-ounce container prepared pesto
- 4 cups bottled chunky pasta sauce, divided
- 12 whole lasagna noodles (cooked)
- 2 cups grated fontina cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Season the cheeses with salt and pepper; stir in the egg.
- In another medium bowl, stir together the spinach and pesto.
- Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Spread 1 cup of the pasta sauce in the prepared dish. Arrange 3 noodles side-by-side atop the sauce. Spread 1¼ cups of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles in a thin layer. Drop ⅓ of the spinach mixture over the cheese by spoonfuls. Repeat the layering with sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese mixture and spinach mixture 2 more times. Top with the remaining 3 noodles and 1 cup of sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cover the lasagna with foil..
- Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the fontina cheese. Bake the lasagna until heated through, the sauce is bubbling and the cheese on top is melted, about 15 minutes longer. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving
- The original recipe called for using no-boil lasagna noodles. This, of course, makes this recipe even quicker. I haven't had a whole lot of luck in the past with the no-boil noodles, but I encourage you to try them in this recipe.