This delicious fall-themed appetizer is wonderful topped with spiced cranberry and pecans...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
1 (5 to 6-inch) round brie cheese
2/3 cup whole berry cranberry sauce, crushed
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon rum or orange extract
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 500° F. Place brie on baking sheet or pie plate.
2. Cut off top rind of brie cheese round, leaving 1/4-inch rim around the edge. First cut the circle into the top of the round, then position the knife horizontally and gently cut under the rind around the circle to remove the top. If this is too difficult to do, you can also heat the brie a bit to soften the cheese and make it easier to remove the rind.
3. Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, rum and nutmeg. Top prepared brie with cranberry mixture and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
4. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, or until brie is soft and warm.
5. Serve with assorted crackers or baguette slices.
*Serve on the top of a two-tiered rack. Place a plate on the bottom rack with tea-lite candles. This will help keep the brie warm during your party.