This White Chocolate and Peppermint Hot Chocolate is a decadent way to celebrate the winter season.
A delicious warm mug of this easy, jazzed-up hot chocolate is perfect for taking the chill off on a cold winter day. Regular hot cocoa can be found everywhere. But why not change things up a little bit and use white chocolate to make hot chocolate instead? It’s pretty and festive, and it happens to taste amazing too.
- whipping cream
- peppermint candies or candy canes
- white chocolate
- peppermint extract
How to make White Chocolate and Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
Make the peppermint whipped cream:
Use an electric mixer to whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Stir in crushed peppermint candy.
Make the white hot chocolate:
Simmer milk on the stove in a saucepan. Add white chocolate and let it melt. Mix it in to combine. Stir in peppermint extract too.
Divide the white hot chocolate between four mugs. I personally really love our glass mugs because they are so pretty for displaying beverages! Top with a little bit of the peppermint whipped cream. Add more crushed peppermint candies on top.
Add a candy cane for garnish, if you’d like. The bonus about that is that when you’re done drinking your white chocolate and peppermint hot chocolate, you will have a candy cane to eat as well. Enjoy!
Use your extra candy canes to make these recipes:
- Candy Cane Martini
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Icing
- Peppermint Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Candy Cane Fudge
White Chocolate and Peppermint Hot Chocolate
PEPPERMINT WHIPPED CREAM:
- ⅔ cup chilled whipping cream or heavy whipping cream
- 8 red and white striped peppermint candies or candy canes, crushed
HOT CHOCOLATE AND GARNISH:
- 3½ cups milk (okay to use low fat)
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- additional crushed peppermint candies (and/or whole mini candy canes, for garnish)
MAKE THE PEPPERMINT WHIPPED CREAM:
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream and crushed peppermint until stiff peaks form. Cover and refrigerate the whipped cream until ready to use.
MAKE THE HOT CHOCOLATE:
- In a heavy, large saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the white chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth. Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly. Mix in the peppermint extract. Ladle into 4 mugs. Top with a layer of the peppermint whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional crushed candies, garnish with a candy cane (if desired) and serve.