This simple Crab Spread recipe is a simple and delicious appetizer to whip up and serve when you don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Yield: 2 cups (10 to 12 servings)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (lowfat is fine)
- 1/2 small onion, grated
- 6 ounces chili sauce
- 6 ounce can crab meat, drained and flaked apart
- freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, use and electric mixer to blend cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise and onion. Spread on a serving platter. Spread chili sauce on top of cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle crabmeat on top of chili sauce. Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top.
- Refrigerate for several hours. Serve with crackers.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten free, just be sure to use brands of mayonnaise and chili sauce that are designated as GF.