This Chipotle Lime Crab Dip includes tangy lime, fiery chipotle, creamy avocado, and crunchy vegetables. Baked chips are used for dunking, making this an appetizer that’s a bit more healthy.
Yield: 16 servings (3 chip dunks per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chipotle Lime Crab Dip
- 6 corn tortillas- use pizza cutter to cut each into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled jicama (or sub water chestnuts)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Arrange tortilla pieces in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Combine mayo, chile, and juice, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine crab and next 6 ingredients (through celery) in a medium bowl. Add mayo mixture, stirring until well combined. Spoon into prepared pie plate.
- On the upper rack, place the pie plate and on a lower rack place the baking sheet with the tortilla chips. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated; sprinkle avocado on top of the heated dip and serve with the baked chips for dipping.
- Pull out the chips when they're nice and crispy (about 10 minutes). The dip may need a little bit longer time to get fully heated.
- Nutrition FactsAmount Per Serving (3 chip dunks) Calories 87, Calories From Fat (47%) 41, Total Fat 4.7g, Sat Fat .8g, Cholesterol 16.4mg, Sodium 146mg, Carbohydrates 6.25g, Dietary Fiber 1.14g, Sugar 0.19g, Net Carbs 5.11g, Protein 5.15g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per 3 Chip Dunks:
- SmartPoints: 2, Points Plus: 2 Old Points Program: 2