This sweet-flavored wings recipe is so good that it can be served up as dinner on top of some freshly steamed rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes + chilling time
Cook Time: 1 hour
Sweet Chili Glazed Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper, divided
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili- garlic sauce
- steamed white rice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cut each chicken wing in half at joint. Mix oil, green onions, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons garlic, ginger and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using tongs, transfer chicken wings to large baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar, sugar, water, chili- garlic sauce, remaining 1/2 tablespoon garlic and remaining 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer until glaze mixture thickens to syrup consistency, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer baked chicken wings to large bowl. Pour glaze over; toss to coat. Place chicken wings atop steamed white rice. Sprinkle with green onions. Alternately, serve wings on a platter as an appetizer.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Bon Appetit)