A lovely way to serve up swordfish in a salad: Swordfish en Escabeche over Greens
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes + chill time
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Swordfish en Escabeche over Greens
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh swordfish
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, julienned
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag mixed salad greens
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush swordfish with 2 tablespoons of oil. Grill fish until done. Set aside and let cool. Chop into bite-sized pieces and place in a square pyrex pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet. Add onion and sauté for two minutes, then add peppers and garlic and continue cooking for about 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in vinegar and add the seasonings. Cook for 5 more minutes. Adjust salt, as desired. Pour vinegar/vegetable mixture over swordfish. Sprinkle capers on top and chill covered, for at least 4 hours.
- Divide greens between four bowls and spoon swordfish mixture with vinaigrette over greens (if you feel like it needs it... the mixture is well-marinated, so just spooning the mixture over the greens might be enough for you).
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/4th of the salad)
- Calories: 347, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sugar: 2.4g, Sodium: 1162mg, Fiber: 3.4g, Protein: 36g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: SmartPoints: 9, Points Plus: 9 Old Points Program: 8
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via The Black Dog Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook)