I’m crazy about this summery, fresh Grilled Vegetable Salad.
Who wants a boring green salad when you can pick up all of the best vegetables of summer and make an amazing salad to enjoy? Grilled vegetables are so delicious. They’re downright addicting. We make them so much in the summer because they pair so well with grilled meats. Gathering them all into a salad is a nice idea. This Grilled Vegetable Salad is tossed with a very light dressing and combined with some fresh herbs.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
- cherry tomatoes
- red bell peppers
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- garlic, salt, pepper
- basil and chives
How to make Grilled Vegetable Salad:
You’ll toss eggplant slices, red bell pepper, onion and tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Then you’ll grill everything. The eggplant, red bell pepper and onion can go directly on the grill. The tomatoes should be grilled in a grill basket.
Aren’t grilled vegetables gorgeous?
If you don’t care for one or more of the vegetables in this recipe, consider making some substitutions. Try using portobello mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, broccolini or green beans. Those would all be great additions or substitutions in this grilled vegetable salad!
The next step in assembling this salad is slicing the grilled red bell peppers and then move all of the grilled veggies to a serving platter. A simple dressing of white wine vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt/pepper is drizzled over the veggies. A quick toss and a sprinkle of fresh basil and chives finishes it off. You might have noticed that olives magically appeared in the salad. The addition of olives is completely optional. Use pitted olives, if you choose to include them.
Grilled Vegetable Salad is the perfect summer side dish to serve with grilled meats. It’s also a beautiful vegetarian dinner to have with a hunk of French bread and a glass of white wine. Enjoy!
Here are a few more vegetable grilling recipes you might like to try:
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Grilled Shiitake Skewers
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Balsamic Grilled Vegetables
- Grilled Corn with Queso Fresco
- Bacon Wrapped Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Eggplant Salad with Feta and Pine Nuts
- Grilled Aubergine and Peppers
Grilled Vegetable Salad
- 1½ pounds Chinese eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oil-cured olives, pitted and halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and onion. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Use tongs to move the bell peppers and onion to a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill until they become slightly charred, then turn and grill the other side. Add the eggplant to the grill and do the same. As the veggies finish grilling, remove them to a platter. Place the tomatoes in a grill basket and toss until they are lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Add them to the platter.
- Slice the bell peppers; place the peppers and all other grilled vegetables in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, sugar and garlic. Slowly whisk in 2 tablespoons of oil. Drizzle the dressing over the veggies and toss.
- Remove the vegetables to a platter; add olives (if using), and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil and chives.
- *Nutritional information and WW points does not include the optional olives.
- *Leave out the sugar if preparing this as a Vegan recipe.
- *Chinese eggplant is the long, skinny type. This is easiest to grill for this recipe since the slices are bite-sized pieces.
- *Multi-colored cherry tomatoes make this dish even more colorful!