We love this low fat Swordfish recipe. The Roasted Onion Vinaigrette gives it great flavor!
Swordfish with Roasted Onion Vinaigrette
- 3 cups sliced red onions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Two 12-ounce oieces (about 1-inch thick) swordfish, halved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the onions, oil and 1 tablespoon thyme in large baking dish. Bake until onions are golden and tender, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Stir the bell pepper strips and vinegar into onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper and push to one side of dish. Season fish with salt and pepper and arrange alongside the vegetables.
- Bake until the fish is opaque, about 10 minutes. Transfer the swordfish to a platter and arrange vegetables over the top.