Here’s an Easy Creamed Spinach recipe:
If you are a fan of creamed spinach, you’ll love this recipe. It turns out perfect!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Easy Creamed Spinach
Easy and a little bit decadent...
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 to 4 bunches (2 1/2 pounds total) flat-leaf spinach, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces bar cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool. Squeeze spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; coarsely chop, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium. Add onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and milk; cook, stirring, until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in spinach. Simmer over medium heat until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Add nutmeg; season with salt and pepper.
- Using reduced-fat cream cheese and low fat milk is perfectly okay.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Everyday Food)