Here’s an Easy Creamed Spinach recipe!
If you are a fan of creamed spinach, you’ll love this recipe. It turns out perfect!
What is Creamed Spinach?
It’s basically cooked spinach that is combined with a creamy, cheesy sauce- a more decadent way to eat spinach for sure.
Some people out there are pretty clear that they don’t like spinach. I’m one of those people. But add a bunch of cheesy goodness to it, and I’ll eat it. Creamed spinach is quite delicious.
Sometimes you’ll see it on restaurant menus- especially at good steakhouses. That makes this spinach recipe an excellent accompaniment to steak!
Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes!
Here are a few more recipes using spinach that you might like to try:
- Lemon Thyme Spinach
- Spinach with Orzo and Feta
- Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas
- How to Make Spinach Pasta
- Spinach with Olives, Raisins and Pine Nuts
- Spinach Balls
- White Pesto Spinach Lasagna
- Spinach and Sundried Tomato Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Easy Creamed Spinach
- 2 pounds spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain in a colander; rinse with cold water until cool. Squeeze the spinach to remove as much liquid as possible; coarsely chop, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and milk; cook, stirring, until the cream cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in the spinach. Simmer over medium heat until the mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the nutmeg; season with salt and pepper.
- Using reduced-fat cream cheese and low fat milk is perfectly okay.
- For bulk amounts of spinach, it will be cheapest at a store like Costco.