These cookies are for malt ball lovers! >> Malted Milk Cookies
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Malted Milk Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted & cooled
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant malted milk powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter for about 30 seconds. Add the sugars and baking soda and beat until combined. Beat in the eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate. Beat in as much of the flour as your can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and the malted milk powder. Stir in the chopped malted milk balls.
- Drop the dough from rounded teaspoons 2 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on a cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
- To store, place in airtight container and cover- store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via Better Homes and Gardens)