This recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Simple, Family-Friendly Dinner.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Apple- Thyme Chicken
Apples and balsamic pair nicely to make this very flavorful chicken dish...
4 large boneless skinless breasts (about 2 pounds)
butter flavored cooking spray
salt & pepper to taste
1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored & thinly sliced
1 minced shallot
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray 9x13" dish with cooking spray.
2. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a single layer in the prepared dish.
3. Arrange apple slices over and around chicken. Sprinkle with shallot and thyme; pour balsamic vinegar on top.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout; cut to test.
5. Arrange chicken on platter and spoon apples and juices on top. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. Serve immediately.
*1 teaspoon dried thyme may be substituted for 1 Tablespoon fresh.
*Pounding out the chicken breasts so that they're a bit more even in thickness assures more even cooking.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
Calories per serving: 270
Fat per serving: 3g
Saturated Fat per serving: .75g
Sugar per serving: 3.25g
Fiber per serving: .75g
Protein per serving: 52.5g
Cholesterol per serving: 131mg
Carbohydrates per serving: 5.7g
WW POINTS per serving:
Points Plus Program: 6 Old Points Program: 6