Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min + marinating time
Cook Time: 8 min
Chicken Breasts with Pineapple- Tequila Marinade
2/3 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup tequila
2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons achiote paste
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon habanero hot sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 breasts chicken, trimmed of fat (about 2 pounds)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a 13x9-inch pyrex pan, stir together marinade ingredients. Add chicken breasts and marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes, turning once or twice.
2. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. When grill is ready, lightly oil the rack.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and place chicken on rack. Close grill, basting often with reserved marinade until it is used up, and turning the breasts every 2 minutes. Continue to grill for at least 2 minutes after the marinade is used up, turning the breasts once, until just done through while remaining juicy. Total grilling time should be about 8 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board and let them rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Across the grain and at a slight angle, carve chicken breasts into thin slices. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot or warm.
*Look for achiote paste and habanero hot sauce in the Latin aisle of your grocery store, or in Latin markets.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via The Southwestern Grill)
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Next Post »