Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 35 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Grilled Balsamic Chicken and Peaches
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1 Tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 whole boneless and skinless chicken breasts
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 large fresh peaches, skinned, halved and pitted
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until it is reduced by half, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in molasses and black pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine basil, garlic, and olive oil. Rub chicken breasts with the basil mixture; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat grill (spray grill with cooking spray). Place chicken onto hot grill and brush with balsamic vinegar glaze. Cover grill with lid, open any vents, and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature or 165°F. (juices will run clear when cut with the tip of a knife); turning and basting several times.
4. Just before chicken is fully cooked, place the peaches on the grill (cut side down). Brush the top side of the peaches. Grill until they are lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Turn them over, brush the cut side with the balsamic glaze and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and peaches from the grill, transfer onto a serving platter, and serve immediately.
*Peaches may be served whole or sliced with the chicken breasts.
*To peel peaches, place into boiling water for 1 minute, remove and place in a bowl of ice water. The skins will loosen, allowing you to slit the skin and easily peel the skin off. The peaches must be ripe in order for this to work. Hard peaches won't yield a loose skin.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (via What's Cooking America)