It’s hard to expect much from such simple ingredients, but this Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup is a very flavorful and filling soup!
Leave the sauce on the chiles (rather than scraping it off) to create a rich, dark-colored soup. A good dollop of sour cream will cut the heat a bit from the chiles.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Chipotle Chicken and Tomato Soup
- One 15.5-ounce can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14.5-ounce can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- One 14-ounce can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 whole chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Partially mash the tomatoes and beans with a potato masher. Stir in the chicken; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; stir in the oil. Place 1 1/4 cups soup in each of four bowls. Top each serving with 2 Tablespoons sour cream and 1 Tablespoon cilantro.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of beans, chicken broth and tomatoes that are known to be GF.
Dulce de Leche Apple Bars with Browned Butter Icing Next Post »
Apple- Cranberry Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crust