Here’s a nice, light-style Mexican dinner recipe: Pan Seared Shrimp with Chipotle Lime Glaze
This shrimp recipe is easy, fresh, and super-quick. These are not spicy! The “glaze” is a simple mixture of chipotle chiles in adobo + some of the sauce, brown sugar, lime juice and cilantro. The whole recipe requires minimal prep and cooking time (especially if you buy the shrimp already peeled and deveined.)
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Pan Seared Shrimp with Chipotle Lime Glaze
- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from the chipotles in adobo can)
- 4 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds extra- large shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled & de-veined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- Prepare glaze: In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir to mix. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until smoking. Meanwhile, toss shrimp, salt, pepper and sugar in a medium bowl. Add half of the shrimp to the pan in a single layer and cook until spotty brown and the edges turn pink, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat. Using tongs, flip each shrimp and let stand until all but the center is opaque, about 30 seconds. Transfer the shrimp to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil and the remaining shrimp.
- After the second batch has stood off the heat, return the first batch to the skillet. Add the glaze mixture and toss until combined. Cover the skillet and let stand until the shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Chipotles in adobo sauce can be found in the Latin aisle of your supermarket or in specialty markets.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, the La Costena brand of chipotles in adobo is noted as GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 6 shrimp) Calories: 239, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sugar: 4.7g, Fiber: .18g, Protein: 34.72g, Cholesterol: 259mg, Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving of 6 shrimp: Freestyle SmartPoints: 2, Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 5.5
Caramelized Scallops with Smoked Chili Cream Next Post »
Dulce de Leche Apple Bars with Browned Butter Icing