This Banana Bread for One recipe comes in handy when you just want a small loaf of banana bread to enjoy for yourself.
Banana bread can be quite addicting. And what I mean by that is that if you make an entire loaf of banana bread, you cut a slice and keep going back for more because it’s so good. That’s okay if you have plenty of people around to share your loaf. But sometimes you just want a little taste without having a big loaf at hand. And that’s why having a recipe for a mini loaf is so great. Keep it all to yourself, or share it with a friend!
This recipe comes from The Ultimate Baking for One Cookbook by Kelly Jaggers. The book includes 175 super easy recipe made just for you (no sharing required!) Truth be told, I think most of these can be made for you and one other person. It’s nice to have a single portion of cookies, cakes, breads, breakfast treats and other baked goods because you’ll eat some and then have some leftovers. But you can share those leftovers with someone else, if you’d like! Sometimes you just don’t need three dozen cookies. So that’s where this cookbook comes in handy. You can make six cookies instead!
Recipes from the book that we’ve bookmarked to make:
- Buttery Sugar Cookies
- Classic Cocoa Brownies
- Chocolate Layer Cake for One
- Flaky Biscuits
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Berry Apple Crisp
- Blueberry Yogurt Bread
- Small Batch Cinnamon Rolls
- all purpose flour
- dark brown sugar
- baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt
- mashed ripe banana
- unsalted butter
- vanilla extract
How to make Banana Bread for One:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 5×3-inch mini loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Cool in the pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
This recipe definitely makes enough for a couple of people. But it’s nice to have a little and keep the rest for leftovers. It’s a recipe that helps prevent you from eating too much.
This is a tasty little loaf of banana bread. Enjoy!
Best Banana Bread Recipes:
- Classic Banana Bread
- Kona Inn Banana Bread
- Sourdough Banana Bread
- Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- Nutella Swirled Banana Bread
Banana Bread for One
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup mashed very ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 5x3-inch mini loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the banana, buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix until just combined, about ten strokes. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the bread springs back when gently pressed in the center and the top is golden brown. Cool in the pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.