These BLT’s are prepared with a spiced-up, special mayonnaise. They’re perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
BLT MAYONNAISE RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices bread (your choice), toasted
- mayonnaise from recipe above
- 12 slices crisp bacon
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 handfuls gourmet mixed greens
- To prepare mayonnaise: Whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Spread toasted bread with mayonnaise (amount is your preference). Layer bacon, tomato and greens.
- Cut into halves and serve.
- To vary the flavor, try using different types of bacon- smoked, honey-cured, etc.