Delicious cheesy recipe for mashed potatoes: Camembert Mashed Potatoes
Camembert Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) rounds Camembert cheese
- 11 cups cubed peeled Yukon gold potato (about 4½ pounds)
- 1/2 cup 1% low fat milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh chives (optional)
- additional freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Cut cheese into 6 wedges. Carefully remove rind from cheese; discard rind. Chop cheese; let stand at room temperature while potato cooks.
- Place potato in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain in a colander; return potato to pan. Add cheese, milk, salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper; mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Garnish with chives and additional pepper, if desired.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving (2/3 cup): calories 198, fat 4.4g, sat fat 2.8g, protein 7.9g, carbohydrates 30.7g, fiber 2g, cholesterol 13mg, sodium 310mg
- Weight Watchers Points: Points Plus 5 Old Program 4