Cauliflower Pizza Casserole is a super easy side dish recipe using cauliflower florets.
I mentioned that this is a side dish… but you might decide to have it for lunch too (like I usually do). It’s a pretty light dish too… even though it happens to have loads of CHEESE! Nutritional information is included in the recipe, and you’ll if you are following the Weight Watchers plan then you will see points listed at the top of this post.
How to make Cauliflower Pizza Casserole:
Start with a head of fresh cauliflower. Trim the head, and cut it into small florets. The cauliflower is pre-boiled so it can become tender.
To assemble the casserole, spread some marinara sauce in a pie plate. Sprinkle the tender cauliflower on top of the sauce. Add more marinara sauce on top of the cauliflower. Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese are sprinkled on top.
This simple cauliflower pizza casserole recipe is baked for about 30 minutes. I think crumbled sausage or mini pepperoni would make a great addition. And it would be even more like pizza that way too.
It’s a delicious way to eat your cauliflower. Let me know if you try it! Enjoy…
Here are a few more cauliflower recipes you might enjoy:
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tomatoes and Green Olives
- Cauliflower Popcorn
- Cauliflower with Capers
Cauliflower Pizza Casserole
- 1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 cups tomato basil marinara sauce (I like to use Classico brand)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill a medium saucepan 3/4-full of water and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower; cook until crisp-tender (8 to 10 minutes). Drain thoroughly.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce in a 9-inch pie plate. Add the cauliflower, then pour the remaining sauce on top. Sprinkle with both cheeses
- Cover with greased foil and bake 30 minutes- or until the cauliflower is soft and the cheese is melted.
- This recipe is based on a recipe from Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook.