Here’s a recipe that is a delicious choice for dinner: Chicken with Almond Butter
Chicken with Almond Butter
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium (1 to 1½ pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup slivered or sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, use a spoon to blend together the almonds, flour and butter until smooth. Add salt, cayenne, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce, mixing well.
- Pound breasts lightly to thin them out, and spread generously with almond butter. Sprinkle almonds on top. Place them in a buttered baking dish, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Almonds will be golden brown. Serve immediately.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten free, use gluten free all-purpose flour in place of regular flour.
You may also enjoy these almond chicken recipes:
Ginger Chicken with Almonds by Simply Recipes
Tequila- Almond Chicken by RecipeGirl
Chicken Nuggets with Almond Meal by Kalyn’s Kitchen
Crunchy Almond Maple-Glazed Chicken by Lauren’s Latest