These Extra Crispy Gingersnaps are full of great molasses and ginger flavor, and they have great crunch to them!
Gingersnaps are a favorite cookie during the holiday season. My Hot and Spicy Gingersnaps have a plethora of spices packed into a great gingersnap cookie. In my Milk Chocolate Gingersnaps, the combination of chocolate and a ginger cookie is fantastic. And if you like your classic gingersnaps to be crispy, then you’ll most definitely enjoy baking these extra crispy gingersnaps.
- salted butter
- white sugar
- egg whites
- white vinegar
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
How to make Extra Crispy Gingersnaps:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg whites, molasses and vinegar.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and spices. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
Form the cookie dough into 1½ inch balls. Arrange 2 -inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
Four spices in these cookies give them great flavor. There are three full teaspoons of ground ginger. That makes sense because these are gingersnaps! But then there’s a good dose of cinnamon and a little bit of added nutmeg and cloves. All of those are awesome contributions to a gingersnap cookie. I think you’re going to like these extra crispy gingersnaps. Add them to your holiday baking list this year. Enjoy!
Christmas Cookie Recipes:
- Peppermint Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
- Grinch Sugar Cookies
- Holiday Nuggets
Extra Crispy Gingersnaps
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) salted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 large egg whites, beaten slightly
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 3¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg whites, molasses and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and spices. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Form into 1½ inch balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 4 to 5 minutes, then move to wax paper and let them cool completely.