Packed with cinnamon, ginger and molasses, these cookies are simple to make and delicious to eat!
Servings: 36 cookies (1 per serving)
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- additional granulated sugar, for rolling dough in
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use an electric mixer to cream shortening and sugar together in large bowl. Beat in egg and molasses. Add baking soda, spices and flour. Mix well.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and then roll them in granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and press down crisscross with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Serving: 1cookie, Calories: 99kcal, Carbohydrates: 14g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 64mg, Potassium: 45mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 8IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 7mg, Iron: 1mg