This Hearts of Palm and Avocado Salad is an Argentine recipe.
Hearts of Palm and Avocado Salad
- ⅔ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large heads red leaf lettuce, rinsed and dried (tear with hands into bite-size pieces)
- 2 whole grapefruit, peeled and segmented (cut segments in half if they’re big)
- Two 14-ounce cans hearts of palm, drained and cut into ½-inch slices
- 4 medium avocados, peeled and chopped (don't chop until ready to serve)
MAKE THE DRESSING:
- In a shaker jar, Combine the oil and vinegar with the seasonings. Shake or whisk thoroughly, and chill until ready to serve.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- To a large salad bowl, addd the lettuce, grapefruit and hearts of palm. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut the avocados and add to the bowl. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing over all and toss lightly.
- You can use jarred grapefruit sections to save time.
- Use mandarin oranges in place of grapefruit sections, if desired.
- Add in sliced almonds, if desired.
- If preparing this salad as VEGAN or GLUTEN FREE, just make sure the brand of Dijon you are using is considered Vegan or GF. All other ingredients should be okay.