This Avocado and Onion Salad recipe has been featured in a post on The Recipe Girl blog: Cuban Dinner Party Menu.
Avocado and Onion Salad
This recipe is terrific when avocados are perfectly ripe, creamy and delicious.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 large ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Arrange avocado slices on a platter and top with the onion. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve immediately.
- I prefer to use the Hass avocados.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 185kcal, Carbohydrates: 9g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Sodium: 201mg, Potassium: 498mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 147IU, Vitamin C: 11mg, Calcium: 14mg, Iron: 1mg