This Lemon Chive Cheese Dip is a lovely dip for vegetables.
About Lemon Chive Cheese Dip:
I’ve always loved this dip as a nice, chilled dip to serve in the summer months. It has a bright and fresh presentation, and the lemon flavor is a pleasant change from heavier dips. I like to use low fat ingredients in this dip to keep things as light as possible, but you are welcome to use full-fat versions of cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream, if you prefer. Serve this dip with fresh vegetables such as broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and carrots. Alternately, you can spread this dip onto your favorite crackers.
Here are a few more dip recipes you might like to try:
- Clam Dip
- Layered Greek Dip
- Chili Shrimp Dip
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Curry Dill Dip
- Adobo Ranch Bacon Dip
- Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
Lemon Chive Cheese Dip
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- lemon zest and fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- fresh vegetables and/or crackers, for serving
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat thee cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the ricotta cheese and sour cream just until combined. Stir in the chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Scrape it into a serving bowl, cover and chill for at least 4 and up to 24 hours.
- I've kept the calorie/fat content lower by using low fat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream. You can use full-fat versions, if you prefer.