Sharing Mom’s Pumpkin Pie recipe, because recipes from Mom are always the best! This is an easy and delicious pumpkin pie recipe!
Mom’s Pumpkin Pie:
Serving pumpkin pie sometime in the fall (especially Thanksgiving) is very traditional. And since most people love pumpkin pie, it’s usually very well received. I always make a classic pumpkin pie, but since I came across Mom’s pumpkin pie recipe recently, this is the one I’ll make from now on. Grab some pumpkin puree (canned or homemade) and bake this simple pumpkin pie for you and everyone around you!
- pie crust
- pumpkin puree
- all purpose flour
- granulated white sugar
- whole milk or heavy whipping cream
- cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg
✏️How to make Mom’s Pumpkin Pie:
*The complete, printable recipe with all ingredients and instructions is at the end of this post.
Preheat the oven to 350℉.
Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Flute the edges.
In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the pumpkin puree and the flour. Then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
Pour the filling into the pie crust, and bake for 35 minutes (or until the moisture on the top of the pie has disappeared).
★How to Store a Pumpkin Pie:
Let the pumpkin pie cool at room temperature for about 2 hours. Once the pumpkin pie is cool to the touch, loosely wrap it in plastic wrap. Place the pumpkin pie in the refrigerator and store it there for up to 4 days. Pumpkin pie can be frozen too. Let it cool completely (about 3 hours). Then wrap it several times in plastic wrap and slip it into a large zip baggie. Freeze up to one month.
- Try using homemade pumpkin puree for Mom’s Pumpkin Pie!
- In this recipe, you can use either whole milk or heavy cream for the filling. Whole milk is perfectly acceptable, but heavy cream will give it a richer flavor.
- If you want to use pumpkin pie spice in place of the three spices mentioned, use 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- My all-time favorite homemade crust recipe is The Pioneer Woman’s Perfect Pie Crust recipe.
✔️How to serve Pumpkin Pie:
A slice of pumpkin pie is delicious served with a dollop of freshly whipped cream on top or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also try drizzling on some jarred caramel and a few toasted pecans or chocolate shavings.
How to make freshly whipped cream:
❤️Why I love this recipe:
- Recipes from Mom bring back a lot of happy memories.
- It’s super easy to make Mom’s Pumpkin Pie with minimal ingredients.
- It’s easy to double or triple this recipe to make multiple pumpkin pies.
Favorite Pumpkin Dessert Recipes:
- Low Fat Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
Mom’s Pumpkin Pie
- One 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- dash of salt
- ⅓ cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of allspice
- dash of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Place the pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Flute the edges.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the pumpkin puree and the flour. Then whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust, and bake for 35 minutes (or until the moisture on the top of the pie has disappeared).