A nice, light pretty soup recipe: Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Orange Cream
Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Orange Cream
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:14 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup sliced shallots (about 4)
- One 15 ounce jar roasted red peppers, packed in water
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 2 cups (or more) low-salt chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 5 minutes. Add red peppers with their liquid. Stir in sugar; sauté 2 minutes. Add 2 cups broth and simmer 5 minutes. Cool soup slightly.
- Working in batches, puree soup in blender. Return soup to pan. Bring to simmer; stir in orange juice. Thin soup with additional broth, if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk whipping cream and orange peel in small bowl until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle orange cream over. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/4th of the soup) Calories: 108, Fat: 6.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.2g, Sugar: 4g, Sodium: 253mg, Fiber: 1.25g, Protein: 2g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Carbohydrates: 12g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 3, Points Plus Program: 3, Old Points Program: 2