A delicious rice dish recipe: Saffron Rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups low- sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron, dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a light boil. Cover and turn heat to simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice has absorbed all of the liquid and is cooked through.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten-free, just be sure to use a brand of chicken broth that is known to be GF.