This recipe for Salmon with Lemon and Basil combines favorite flavors to create a salmon dish you’ll make again and again.
Salmon with Lemon and Basil
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced crosswise (about ¼ cup)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons (1 lemon) grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- Lightly season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and arrange 1-inch apart in a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the basil, shallot, lemon zest and juice, oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Dividing evenly, spread the basil mixture over the salmon fillets. Cover with foil, place in refrigerator, and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake (still covered) until the salmon is opaque throughout 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.