Samoa M&M Blondies are the most amazing blondies with some additional goodies added in!
Samoa blondies are really quite a delicious sweet treat. Think about your favorite blondie recipe. Make them with brown butter instead of regular butter. Add in a little sweetened coconut. And mix in M&M’s or chocolate chips. That’s what these Samoa M&M Blondies are all about.
- unsalted butter
- dark brown sugar
- white sugar
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- all purpose flour
- sweetened flaked coconut
- M&M’s or mini M&M’s (alternately, you can use chocolate chips)
How to make Samoa M&M Blondies:
The full, printable recipe is at the end of this post. You will need an 8×8-inch pan for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the pan with nonstick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper.
The first step is browning the butter. In most recipes, you just use room temperature butter to mix with the other ingredients. But making brown butter is a game changer!
How to make Brown Butter:
Once your Samoa M&M Blondies have completely cooled, you can use the parchment to help you transfer the whole slab to a cutting board. Slice into squares. It’s even easier to slice them into clean squares if you chill the blondies before cutting.
How do you store blondies?
Blondies should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days. The bars may also be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week. They may also be frozen! Cut into portions, wrap each tightly in plastic wrap and freeze on a sheet pan until firm. Transfer to a resealable freezer bag. In the freezer, blondies will last up to three months.
I might note that I’m not a super big fan of coconut. But there are so many wonderful flavors going on in these Samoa M&M Blondies that you can barely detect the coconut at all. I like to undercook them slightly, and they are warm, gooey and irresistible right out of the oven. Enjoy!
The Best Blondie recipes:
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Loaded Blondies
- Butterscotch Blondies
- Butterfinger Blondies
- Apple Harvest Blondies
Samoa M&M Blondies
- 10 tablespoons (1¼ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1¼ cups mini M&M’s (and few extra M&M’s optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8x8-inch pan with nonstick spray and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until it browns and begins to smell nutty (watch it closely so it doesn’t burn). Let the butter cool for a few minutes, until just barely warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the browned butter and sugars. With a wooden spoon, stir in the egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in the flour, coconut and M&M’s until the batter is blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle a few additional M&M’s on top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let the blondies cool before turning them out onto a cutting board and slicing into squares. (Chilling them will make that process even easier.)
- Use chocolate chips in place of M&M’s if you’d like.
- For slightly gooey, underbaked blondies, bake for 25 minutes. For fully baked blondies, bake the entire 30 minutes.