These Sesame Asparagus are cooked until crisp tender, and then they are tossed with an Asian style sesame butter.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
- Cook asparagus in large skillet of boiling salted water until almost crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain asparagus. Transfer to bowl of ice water and cool. Drain and pat dry. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead; cover and chill).
- Melt butter with sesame oil in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Mix in lemon juice and soy sauce and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to platter. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- If you are preparing this recipe as gluten free, just be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is know to be GF.