Here’s a Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe that has only 5 ingredients.
This dinner recipe is a big hit in my house. And I’m so happy to have a slow-cooker recipe that I can use for busy days where I don’t have time to cook. How cool is it that a slow cooker can make lasagna for you? Yes. Very cool, indeed!
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Two 26-ounce jars marinara sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, cooked
- One 9-ounce package lasagna noodles
- Place the cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Add a thin layer of pasta sauce to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add a thin layer of the cooked ground beef and a layer of the noodles, breaking the noodles to make them fit. Top the noodle layer with a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat until all of the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve hot.
- Choose a type of marinara sauce that has garlic and Italian spices mixed in.
- Possible add-in: Frozen, defrosted spinach, squeezed dry.
- Substitution/additions: Ricotta cheese, ground turkey.