Vodka Lemonade is the best, fresh-tasting cocktail to make and enjoy!
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy a refreshing beverage. And these times in general are reason enough to enjoy a vodka cocktail. This is my favorite easy-to-make homemade cocktail. It’s a sweet cocktail with great flavor. You may wish to double or triple the batch and share with everyone around you because you’re going to want more than one!
How to make Vodka Cocktails:
First you’ll make some simple syrup. Simple syrup is the sweetener that you’ll be adding to the cocktail. Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve the sugar, and then pull it from the heat and let it cool.
The simple syrup is then combined with lemon juice and chopped fresh mint. This mixture is poured into an ice cube tray and put into the freezer to make the ice cubes for the vodka lemonade. If you’d rather drink this cocktail on the rocks instead of drinking it as a frozen cocktail, you can skip this step and just prepare the cocktails to serve over ice.
If you’re making frozen cocktails, you’ll blend the ice cubes with vodka and sparkling water.
Frozen vs. On-the-Rocks:
It’s completely your choice. If you enjoy a blended, frozen cocktail (especially in the summertime), then go with frozen. If you don’t want to wait for ice cubes to freeze, try serving this Vodka Lemonade on the rocks. It’s delicious both ways!
Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh mint. It’s pretty!
How to double or triple the recipe:
Make more simple syrup. To double the recipe, use 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water for simple syrup (8 servings). To triple the recipe, use 3 cups of sugar and 3 cups of water (12 servings). Double or triple the rest of the ingredients too.
Try these cocktails, and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
Here are a few more vodka drinks you might like to try:
- Fruity Vodka Spritzers
- Carolina Peach Sangria
- Sea Breeze Cocktail
- Vodka Party Punch
- Lemon Drop Martini
- Beach House Cosmos
- Sex on the Beach Cocktail
- Pearl Harbor Cocktails
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large mint sprig, finely chopped
- 8 ounces lemon-flavored vodka
- sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
PREPARE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Mix sugar and water in a small pot and boil for 3 minutes. Let cool.
MAKE THE ICE CUBES:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cooled simple syrup, lemon juice and chopped mint. Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
ASSEMBLE THE COCKTAILS:
- In a blender, blend together the frozen cubes, vodka and sparkling water- add a little bit of water at a time until you reach your desired thickness of the drink. Pour into chilled glasses, and garnish with mint sprigs and lemon zest.
- It's also an option to serve this cocktail over ice in a glass (skip making the ice cubes and blending).