Watercress Grape Salad with Creamy Cabernet Dressing is a unique and delicious salad. The pink-tinged salad dressing is amazing- just a touch of rice vinegar and Dijon mustard, and a dollop sour cream makes it slightly creamy.
Watercress-Grape Salad with Creamy Cabernet Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon minced shallots
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups (about 2 bunches) fresh watercress leaves, lightly packed
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
PREPARE THE DRESSING:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, vinegar, mustard and shallots in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil and then the sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- To a medium bowl, add the watercress, endive and grapes, and drizzle with dressing; toss well to coat, then lightly stir in the avocado.
- Transfer to salad plates and season with pepper.
- If you are preparing this recipe as GLUTEN FREE, just be sure to use a brand of Dijon that is known to be GF.