Here’s a light and healthy recipe for Mixed Greens Pomegranate Salad.
This is a salad recipe that has very few ingredients, but it’s festive-looking for fall, delicious and good for you! Sometimes simple recipes are the best. You can add some shredded chicken into this salad to make it a nice, healthy meal. Check out the nutritional information on this Mixed Greens Pomegranate Salad. It’s dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan. And it happens to be Weight Watchers WW plan friendly, too. You will find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card at the end of this post. So I guess it’s one of those recipes that’s for just about everyone!
- pomegranate juice
- champagne or white wine vinegar
- olive oil
- mixed greens
- pomegranate seeds
- chopped pecans
How to make Mixed Greens Pomegranate Salad:
You’ll begin with the salad dressing, which is prepared directly in a salad bowl. Pomegranate juice, chopped shallots, champagne or white wine vinegar and olive oil are poured into the bowl and combined with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Mixed greens are placed directly on top of the salad dressing in the bowl. You can use the already prepared, packaged mixed greens or you can chop up some red and green leaf lettuce to use instead.
Notes on Pomegranate Juice and Pomegranate Seeds:
Unless you’re really good at it, don’t bother trying to get seeds and juice from a fresh pomegranate. It’s difficult, but if you’re really into doing it that way you can follow instructions for How to Seed and Juice a Pomegranate here. Otherwise, just look for Pomegranate juice at your market. It’s usually sold near the produce section with the other refrigerated juices. Pomegranate seeds can usually be found in the produce section as well. And I always see them at Trader Joe’s too.
Pomegranate seeds and chopped toasted pecans are added to the mixed greens. Use salad tongs to toss and combine with the dressing. That’s it!
How to toast pecans:
Place a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add the chopped pecans and heat them in a dry skillet, stirring constantly until they are fragrant and lightly browned (maybe one shade darker than their original color).
This lovely salad is a beautiful one for the winter season. It’s nice to have something simple to make when you’re buried in a sea of other goodies that are perhaps more difficult to prepare. Enjoy!
Here are a few more recipes using pomegranate that you might like to try:
- Pomegranate Margaritas
- Pomegranate- Blood Orange Sorbet
- Chickpea Dip with Toasted Cumin and Pomegranate
- Pomegranate Mojitos
- Pomegranate Cucumber Salsa
- Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktails
- Pomegranate Cake
- Pomegranate Punch
Mixed Greens Pomegranate Salad
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (can sub white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
PREPARE THE VINAIGRETTE:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the juice, vinegar, shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
- Add salad greens to the bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle in the pomegranate seeds and pecans. Serve immediately.
- You'll find pomegranate juice in the "fresh" juice (refrigerated) section of your market.