These Whole Grain Blueberry Biscuits are much like “drop biscuits.” In my eyes, they’re a little more like a scone than a traditional biscuit.
When you find yourself with a few extra blueberries on hand (fresh or frozen), then you can make these yummy whole grain blueberry biscuits. You actually only need 1/3 cup of blueberries to make these biscuits, but I typically add a few more than that- especially if my blueberries are not so small. These biscuits make for a nice grab-and-go breakfast, and they’re good for afternoon or after-school snacking too.
- all purpose flour
- whole wheat flour
- rolled oats
- whole bran cereal
- white sugar
- baking powder and salt
- nonfat milk
- canola or vegetable oil
How to make Whole Grain Blueberry Biscuits:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
They’ll be firmer on the outside and more tender on the inside- much like your typical scone recipe.
Whole grain blueberry biscuits are most delicious when served warm. Spread a little butter on them. And, if desired, serve with your favorite fruit jam. Enjoy!
The Best Blueberry Breakfast Recipes:
- Bakery-Style Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Overnight Blueberry French Toast
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Lemon Scones
Whole Grain Blueberry Biscuits
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons whole bran cereal
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup nonfat milk
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F., and lightly grease a baking sheet (or line with parchment paper).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (through salt).
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, water and oil. Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into 6 mounds (about ⅓ cup each) on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. If desired, serve with fruit jam.