This Hot Cheesy Almond Dip is a quick and easy dip made in the microwave! Can’t get much easier than this.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Hot Cheesy Almond Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat all ingredients except almonds at a medium speed until well blended. Stir in almonds.
- Spread into small, decorative casserole dish or 8x8-inch glass dish.
- Microwave about 6 minutes, or until Swiss cheese is melted and mix is warm (stir after 4 minutes). Do not overcook.
- Stir before serving. Serve with crackers or rye bread rounds
- To toast almonds, heat a skillet and place almonds inside. Saute the almonds (dry) stirring every 30 seconds or so, until almonds begin to turn golden brown. Tend to them closely so they don't burn.
- If you would rather bake this in the oven, bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.