Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Crispy Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons honey
salt and pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
3 cups panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
salt and ground black pepper
3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
1. Prepare sauce: Mix mustard and honey together until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Place oven rack in middle position, and preheat oven to 200°F. Line up three shallow dishes in assembly-line fashion.
3. Place flour in first dish, eggs in second dish and panko in third dish.
4. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Working with one chicken strip at a time, use tongs to dredge the chicken strip in flour, then dip into egg and then coat with panko. Press on panko to make sure it sticks. Place on plate and repeat with remaining chicken strips.
5. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add half of cutlets and brown thoroughly on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes total.
6. Drain cutlets briefly on paper towels, then transfer to paper towel-lined plate and keep warm in the oven. Return skillet with oil to medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook remaining breaded chicken. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
*Panko can be found in the Asian aisle of your market. These are highly recommended over regular breadcrumbs for this recipe.
*When making the sauce, add more dijon for additional spice or more honey for additional sweetness.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (adapted barely from The Best 30-Minute Recipe)