Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See

Happy (almost) New Year!  Here’s another edition of Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See…

Black Eyed Pea Recipes
Here’s what I’m sharing on Parade Magazine’s blog this week:  5 Black Eyed Pea Recipes for Good Luck in the New Year!  According to southern tradition, for best results on “LUCK,” you’re supposed to eat black eyed peas and avoid doing laundry on New Year’s Day.

Sliders
These sliders from the Reluctant Entertainer blog are looking like a MUST-MAKE.  They’d be great for New Year’s Day AND for the playoff football games this coming weekend!  Check ‘em out here:  HAM, PESTO, ONION & CHEESE POPPYSEED SLIDERS

Cotton Candy Drink
Are you celebrating New Year’s Eve tonight with the kids?  This is such a fun idea from Perrier:  COTTON CANDY DRINK- it’s cotton candy in a glass with Perrier poured on top. It creates a bubbly pink drink!  You can usually find cotton candy pretty easily at places like WalMart.

Noble Pig New Year's Tradition
I absolutely LOVE this idea for a New Year’s tradition from the Noble Pig blog:  12 GRAPES ON SKEWERS for NEW YEAR’S EVE FUN (check out her blog for the fun details on how this kid-friendly tradition works!)

Champagne Jello Shots
These are pretty adorable for a New Year’s Eve party too:  CHAMPAGNE JELLO SHOTS w/ POP ROCKS

Fitness Calendars
Who is ready to eat lighter in the New Year?!  (RAISING HAND FRANTICALLY HERE!)  I don’t really like diets, but I do appreciate feeling thin.  So I’ll be lightening things up a bit and eating the good stuff in moderation again as of TOMORROW!  The bigger picture for me is EXERCISING.  I am on a mission to get this body fit and firm.  There are some great FITNESS CHALLENGE CALENDARS like this one at SisterhoodoftheShrinkingJeans.com.

freeze grapes
Here’s a great post for those looking for ways to lighten things up:  27 EASY WAYS TO EAT HEALTHIER (like freezing grapes for snacks instead of eating candy… or other junk).

Chocolate Covered Katie
Here’s a “healthy dessert blog” you can follow:  CHOCOLATE COVERED KATIE.  On Katie’s blog, you’ll find healthier versions of your favorite naughty treats: Cookie Dough Milkshakes, Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge, Brownie Batter Pancakes…

100 Days
Another great blog to follow to help get you into the proper mindset for eating healthy:  100 DAYS OF REAL FOOD.  There is a really neat story behind how this blog began.  Take a peek at this family’s journey and the awesome blog and healthy eating sharing that evolved from it.

Happy New Year
Until next week… next year… have a good one, and stay safe tonight!  XOXO

12 Responses to “Stuff I’ve Gotta Share and You’ve Gotta See”

Joanie @ Zagleft — December 31, 2013 @ 9:24 AM

I love the New Year’s Eve drink ideas, especially the Cotton Candy Drink. My 12 year old is having a few of her friends over tonight and this would be fun to serve. Lots of great ideas, thank you and Happy New Year!

Liz @ Virtually Homemade — December 31, 2013 @ 11:44 AM

I love the champagne jello shots! How fun :)

Amy @Very Culinary — December 31, 2013 @ 2:00 PM

Someone mentioned on a FB thread today about black-eyed peas symbolizing luck. I had no idea! Happy New Year, Lori. Here’s to a delicious 2014!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — December 31, 2013 @ 2:34 PM

Another excellent edition of ‘Stuff’, Lori! Sandy’s sliders look scrumptious and Cathy’s NYE tradition looks fun. As always, thanks for sharing and for being a source of inspiration for many. Warmest wishes to you and yours for a happy and healthy 2014! xo

kirsten — December 31, 2013 @ 7:14 PM

Lori,
    Love it all, but especially the calendars. I’ve just finished the 4/40 challenge and a fitness challenge sounds great to me. Thanks for that! I’ve enjoyed following your work in 2013. Looking forward to 2014!

Faith (An Edible Mosaic) — January 1, 2014 @ 5:10 AM

Such a fun post, Lori. I’ve been wanting to try that cotton candy drink! Love the lucky recipes for the New Year too. Wishing you a very Happy New Year, my friend!

Jennifer B — January 1, 2014 @ 5:56 AM

That cotton candy drink is seriously blowing my mind right now!

Geneva Johnson — January 1, 2014 @ 3:52 PM

When I print one of your recipes, the lines on the directions are too long and do not print on the right side. I have tried several ways, but cannot get it small enough to print all the words. Please help>

Lori Lange — January 1, 2014 @ 4:03 PM

Will you please tell me what you are trying to print? I have not had anyone else having trouble.

La Torontoise — January 2, 2014 @ 5:16 AM

Happy New year, Lori!
    I have learned so much from your blog and I’m very appreciative for what you’ve been doing!
    Perhaps, the biggest impact on my was the Wellichious lunchbox book recommendation that I heard about via your blog. It revolutionized my life as a mother of a 9 years old boy who also eats with his eyes.

All the best!

Laura Dembowski — January 5, 2014 @ 8:54 AM

I have to try that cotton candy drink! I always eat 12 grapes on NYE. I’m hoping it brings my lots of luck this year!

Nutmeg Nanny — January 8, 2014 @ 10:34 AM

I have to have that cotton candy drink! So fun and girly :)