Here’s a really easy and delicious cheesecake recipe for you: Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
When my husband and I got married almost 21 years ago, we had long talks about what sort of cake to have at our wedding. We tasted all of the traditional kinds, but I tried my best to sway him toward having a wedding cake made entirely of cheesecake! Sadly, he wanted nothing to do with that idea.
I have loved cheesecake since the beginning of time. Fancy types of cheesecake usually don’t impress me all that much. A simple cheesecake with little adornment is best.
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make. It has a cookie crust, a simple chocolate chip- dotted cheesecake filling, and it bakes up perfectly.
A short chill time will yield clean slices. Petite slices are plenty enough. This is a rich dessert, so a few bites are completely satisfying.
For the record, we ended up with spice cake for our wedding cake. That happens to be my favorite… if cheesecake isn’t available 🙂
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Oreo's (about 20)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 24 ounces (3 boxes) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and the butter. Pat evenly over the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until fluffy- about 2 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, toss 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips with the flour. Stir into the cheese mixture and scrape evenly into the prepared pan- on top of the cookie crust. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cheesecake has very little jiggle left in the middle. Cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove the sides of the pan and cut into wedges. Keep refrigerated.
Here are a few more cheesecake recipes you might enjoy:
- Strawberry Brownie Cheesecake by Life, Love and Sugar
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake by RecipeGirl
- Funfetti Cheesecake by My Baking Addiction
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cheesecake by RecipeGirl
Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin Next Post »
Calcata, Perugia and Tuscany with Insight Vacations