These Asian Lettuce Wraps are a nice, lighter choice for dinner. The filling is slightly sweet and very flavorful.
Asian Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground pork
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup minced peanuts
- 1 head butter or Boston lettuce, separated
- mint leaves
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. Stir fry shallots in hot oil for several minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the ground meat and separate for even cooking. Stir in soy sauce, chili sauce, fish sauce and sugar.
- Cook until meat is brown and crumbly and the liquid is reduced, stirring frequently. Stir in cilantro. Spoon the meat mixture into a serving bowl. Place mint leaves and peanuts in small bowls and the lettuce on a platter.
- Self serve: Spoon meat mixture onto a lettuce leaf and top with a couple of mint leaves and minced peanuts, and roll tightly.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 2 lettuce wraps) Calories 314, Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 3.7g, Sugar 4.4g, Fiber 2.75g, Protein 24.6g, Cholesterol 89.6mg, Carbohydrates 11g
- Weight Watchers POINTS for 2 lettuce wraps: Freestyle SmartPoints: 3 (if you use 99% lean turkey) and 5 (if you use 93% lean turkey), SmartPoints: 5, Points Plus Program: 8, Old Points Program: 7