This Blue Cheese and Pear Pizza is cooked on the grill. It’s a simple pizza recipe that is a fun summer appetizer to share.
You can use any pizza dough for this recipe. Buy it at the market if you want to make things easy, or make your own Basic Pizza Dough.
Blue Cheese and Pear Pizza
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces (or more) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 ball fresh pizza dough
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- Heat grill to medium. Coat lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle a work surface with flour and divide dough in half. With a rolling pin, roll out dough to two 8-inch circles, approximately ⅛-inch thick. Carefully lift dough directly onto the grill rack. Brush olive oil lightly over top side of each crust. Grill about 2 minutes, until dough bubbles and begins to char on the bottom. Turn over.
- Evenly distribute half of the cheese and pear slices over each crust. Close grill cover or tent with foil. Grill 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Remove from grill, cut into wedges and serve.